SDG9 – Industry Innovation and Infrastructure
Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
Policy and operation
Major work outcomes of Khon Kaen University
- Isan 4.0 Transforming Thailand with Sciences, Technology, and Innovations
The project was initiated by Ministry of Sciences and Technology in cooperation with4 universities; Suranaree University of Technology, Khon Kaen University, Mahasarakham University,and Ubon Ratchathani University; to make the Northeast the Economic Center of the Greater Mekhong Sub-region. This Isan4.0 project is considered an important project that will drive Thailand to its goal of becoming Thailand 4.0. The project will make Isan’s economy stable, wealthy, and sustainable in the future.
- Preparing Thai Students for the Future World with the Digital Governance Program
The Digital Governance program is an integrated program developed by cooperation between College of Local Administration and Computer Science Department, Faculty of Science. In this program digital technology will be used as tools to increase the efficiency of operations and public service.
- e-Sport a new Professional sport in Future Because of its popularity in consumers all over the world, e-Sport has become a sport for future. To support potential e-Sportsman and gamers, the Advance Info Service Public Co. in cooperation with KKU has opened AIS e-Sport Platform for Thais. The platform will be used to develop Thai e-Sportsman to the international professional level, and make the Thai e-sport industry strong and sustainable. A plan has been made to organize an e-Sport contest at KKU.
- Smart Laying Chicken Farm Based on the Smart Digital Transformation Policy, KKU has joined hand with the CPF Co. Ltd. in setting up the Center for learning and technology transfer of closed-system laying chicken farm. The IoT or Internet of Things system used in the farm was delivered to KKU on July 23, 2019. The Smart chicken farm applies the IoT, Big Data, Image Processing technology altogether to raise the chicken and run the farm. The farm can be controlled in Real Time without the keeper. Conditions of the farm can be accessed at anytime; whether it is temperature, moisture, or wind speed. It can even calculate how much profit the owner will get at the end of raising cycle.
- Signing MOU with National Broadcasting and Telecommunication Commission
Khon Kaen University, the National Broadcasting and Telecommunication Commission (NBTC),Chiang Mai University, and Prince of Songkla University signed an MOU on cooperation to set up a testing center for 5G, on June 20, 2912 at the NBTC Head Office, Bangkok. The testing will be done to check its readiness in giving service to every region of the country. The 5 G Digital Technology will be developed and distributed to all regions at the same time so that people will have equal opportunity to reach out for information and new technology at any time and any place.
- Following up The Signed MOU with NBTC On May 30, 2019, the signed MOU was followed up by more discussion at the Office of the President, KKU. The 5th Generation Wireless Communication System will facilitate KKU greatly once it has been in function.
- Establishing Smart City Operation Center (SCOPC) KKU was assigned by the Khon Kaen City to organize the Khon Kaen Smart City Expo 2018 to inform people and drive the city to its goal of becoming a Smart City. The exposition was divided into 6 sections covering all development dimensions as follows: 1) Smart Mobility involving transportation, 2) Smart Living involving well –being of people, 3) Smart Economy involving people economy emphasizing on grass-root development and creative economy, 4) Smart Environment involving environment, 5) Smart Citizen involving people security and public minded, and 6) Smart Government involving administrations of the government and local organization that go in the same direction with that of Khon Kaen City.
- Joining in the ITEX 2019 KKU presented her works in the 30th International Invention & Innovation Exhibition (ITEX 2019),the exhibition where best innovations from all over Asia and Europe were displayed. It was organized at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre in Malaysia during 2-4 May 2019. Followings were 4 inventions and innovations created by KKU personnel displayed in the exhibition:
1) Bullet-proof Vest Sheet produced from Silk Cocoons by Asst. Prof. Panomkorn Kwuakhong et al won a gold medal award and a WIIPA special award from the World Invention Intellectual Property Associations, Taiwan,
2) Coiled Bamboo Guitar by Miss Pinrawee Suraareekul won a gold medal award and a INNOPA special award from the Indonesian Invention and Innovation Promotion association,
3) Method for Ethanol Production from Microalgae Chlorella sp. by Assoc. Prof. Mullika Kongkiatkajorn and Prof.Arissara Ruangsaeng won a silver medal award, and
4) Reporting Program for Traffic Law Abuse by Asst. Prof. Rujchai Aungarunyawee, Mr. Jessada Khamphong won a silver medal.