Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
Policy and operation
Major work outcomes of Khon Kaen University
- Freeing Fish: a Merit Making for the 4th Anniversary of the Khon Kaen ASEAN Woman’s Association Khon Kaen University joined the Freeing Fish: a Merit Making for the 4th Anniversary of the Khon Kaen ASEAN Woman’s Association and honoring HM King Rama the Tenth. Apart from freeing fish, food and necessities were offered to monks in the event on July 22, 2019 at the Thung Srang Park, Khon Kaen.
- Walk & Run Rally and Exhibition to Stop Woman & Child Abuse The 2nd Walk & Run Rally to Stop Woman & Child Abuse and the exhibition was organized by the Faculty of Nursing. Objectives of the event were to make people in Khon Kaen community well aware of their roles to stop child and woman abuse, and develop way and form of cooperation with the community to solve the social problems leading to the abuse. Drugs problems, premature pregnancy, HIV transmission, and venereal diseases were all included as problems. The rally also promoted the healthy attitude towards exercise and raised fund to support activities relating to stopping child and woman abuse. The rally was organized at Beung Thung Srang Park on November 25, 2019.
- Delivery Preparation for Mother and Her Family The event was organized by Srinagarind Hospital under the title” Delivery Preparation for Mother and Her Family” on June 22, 2019 to prepare pregnant women, under the hospital’s care, ready for the delivery. Caring for women both before and after the delivery, baby’s care, and breast feeding were the contents of training.
- Pee Soan Nong (Brother s teaching Brothers), Creative Art Camp, Staying Away from Drugs Project The project was set up at Ban Kong School, Nong Ruea District, in Khon Kaen during 13-14 July, 2019; to use arts as a connecting medium between school-children and university students. The children could both gain new knowledge and have fun being with the older university students. The activities composed of 1) Sex education “Preventing the Premature Pregnancy” by Family Planning Association of Thailand, 2) Doing art works by drawing and painting a certain area of the school, and 3) a lecture on” Danger from Drugs
- Share Your Miles to Shine New Life The Tawanchai Foundation for Cleft-Lip/Cleft-Palate Patients,Faculty of Medicine organized a running rally “Share Your Miles to Shine New Life” to raise fund for the treatment. The rally was done on the occasion of 10th Anniversary of the Foundation.In addition, the rally drew people attention to the importance of good health and give children born with cleft-lip/cleft-palate or other abnormalities on their faces or heads a chance to live a normal life.